We care about you too!
At Red Key you’ll find only quality properties, from studio apartments through to five-bedroom
houses, that are properly
maintained and managed - and at fair market prices.
We work hard to make the process of renting a property through us as smooth, speedy, transparent and
hassle free as possible,
consistent with ensuring that our landlords’ properties are properly protected and managed. And we
strive to ensure
that YOUR rights and interests are protected too, that we deal with any complaints and concerns
speedily and fairly,
and protect your rent and deposit through the official schemes.
We strongly recommend that anyone looking for properties goes onto our database so we can alert you
when suitable ones
arise, and give you the “heads up” of what you will need to have in place to secure a letting should
you find one that
matches your requirements.
What our tenants can expect from us:
- When you register with us we will match your
requirements to suitable properties
and accompany you on viewings.
- Once you have found a property you wish to take we will explain the fees which will be
applicable throughout the tenancy;
once these have been clarified we will ask for a holding deposit to secure the property.
- We require photographic ID and proof of address from all applicants who take a tenancy through
- Referencing will be undertaken, and your employer and previous landlord (where applicable) will
be contacted and a Credit
- Once satisfactory references have been obtained we will arrange a move-in date for all tenants
to sign the tenancy agreement.
- The move-in monies consist of a month's rent, a security deposit - which is normally the
equivalent to month’s rent plus £100
- On or before move-in day the balance of monies will be paid in cleared funds.
- An Inventory will normally be provided, for you to agree on the condition of the property when
you take over your tenancy.
This will be important when you come to leave and negotiations are underway for the return of
- The Deposit will be held by us as a Stakeholder in the majority of cases and will be protected
under the rules of the
Tenancy Deposit Scheme, of which we are members.
- We will require a Standing Order to be completed for monthly rent payments.
- We will write to gas, electricity, water and council (for council tax purposes) to tell them of
the change of occupier;
however it is your responsibility to set up accounts for gas and electricity and to inform us of
your chosen supplier.
- We recommend that you take out Contents Insurance for your belongings for the term of the
- We are members of The Propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme and also The Property
Ombudsman for independent redress.
Client Money Protection Insurance(CMP)
We have Client Money Protection Insurance(CMP) provided by Safe Agent. Click here to view member requirements
View our CMP certificate.
Your next move?
To find out what properties are currently available in your area, click here.
To speak to one of our team about going onto our database and speeding your
next move, contact Rebecca Payne: Email:
firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01633 387 970
While Red Key does not offer or arrange tenant insurance, preferring to be totally independent in the
service we provide,
we can point you in the direction of a range of products that we believe offer good value for money and,
provide the level of cover you really need.